Tp-Link Pa9020 No Ip Address

So I just installed a new TP-Link Pa9020 with the hopes of adding an Ethernet / better wifi situation in my room since its far away from the router. I installed both into wall sockets, paired them up then tried to run just the Ethernet, I'm getting back no IP address and its stuck on Unidentified network. If theres anything you guys have for suggestions or need more info ask away and ill post back promptly. Thank you!

Install both devices in the same room and wire per the instructions. Then attach your pc to the 'remote' unit and see if it's working.

The kit only comes with two adapters, one adapter is connected to the router in the basement and plugged into a wall outlet, the second is in my room in a wall outlet with the ethernet to my pc, I downloaded the utility software that the company provides and this is the image I get from the status window. https://gyazo.com/6e5c6f4c66569f31352d49389a83adc9 The bottom one is the one in the basement, the top is the one in my room.

I have another brand of EoP so I am familiar with this. I am suggesting that the unit in your room should be moved back into the basement - - just to get it all setup. This will ensure that you can configure it and that it is operating correctly. Once this is proven, you should be able to move back to your room and get the same results.

So I install it in a wall socket near the one in the basement, give it some time then bring it back up? How would I know if its setup or do I have to do something? Since I do get all 3 green lights and solid, and it says they have a connection between eachother just the physical connection doesnt give me internet.

Yea thats already done and I have 3 solid lights to both. The basement adapter is connected to the Router for the internet access, my pc just doesnt get internet access through the wired connection.

So
  • router == TpLink - - - - TpLink -->Pc fails
if both units are in the same room, then it's time to return them, Call to get an RMA authorization

Yea thats already done and I have 3 solid lights to both. The basement adapter is connected to the Router for the internet access, my pc just doesnt get internet access through the wired connection.

Maybe a long shot but change out the ethernet cable for new ones and see what happens.

How to troubleshoot if there is no Internet connection in my powerline network?

•Make sure all powerline devices are on the same electrical circuit.
•Make sure the Powerline LEDs
light up on all of your powerline devices. If they
do not, pair all your powerline devices according to
Secure Your Powerline Network - Pairing
•Make sure all hardware connections are correctly and securely connected.
•Check if you have an Internet connection by connecting the computer directly to the
modem or router.
By placing BOTH units in the same room, you ensure devices are on the same electrical circuit

Are you also installing a router for the first time along with the TP-Link devices?

Back