Trojan (maybe iamfamous.dll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have a trojan and/or some other problems. Firefox doesn't work but ie does and i am having some lag problems and way too many programs are running on my comp. This all cam about when i uninstalled regrun (which i had used to get rid of iamfamous.dll) but i came up with more problems when that was uninstalled. Internet is slower now and some programs cannot access the internet. Here is a log from hijack this. I hope all this information helps I know it is not much but if anymore info is needed I will promptly give it.

Please find this tutorial in this forum follow 8 steps instructions.
submit referenced logs.

UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

After 8 Step Process

Ok so I went through the 8 step process but I ran into some difficulties. I have an antivirus program but it cannot connect to the internet (along with many other programs such as the programs techspot said to use during the 8 steps). So this makes it impossible for me to update all the programs and run an addequate scan for all of them. Aside from that I did everything that was mentioned and found some tracking cookies, Rogue.Component/Trace, and Trojan.DNSChanger. Attached below are the 3 logs required. I hope this is at least a start to getting firefox, norton, and all the other programs that don't connect to the internet. As of right now I can only connect via internet explorer.

Re run MBAM again and make sure you delete everything that it finds.

After thats done re run HJT.

Recovery

Nothing was working as it should so I decided to do a system recovery from a partition on my hard drive. I didn't have the recovery disc otherwise I would have formatted and done that but one is on the way from HP as we speak so I may do that in the future if it is required. I appreciate all the help I have received and will be sure to come to techspot frequently as I can tell the community is active and on point. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back