Trouble with DRU-800A DVD burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DRU-800 is having problems opening photos after it burns them on a CD or DVD. It acts like it is running out of memory, however I have plenty of memory. I am running windows XP. I have also had some problems with music CDs. This recently started. I also have a lite on combo cd burner / dvd player on my pc. It doesnt' seem to have any problem opening photos. Has anyone had this problem?
Seax

Sony shouldn't die that fast !

Tmagic650 said:
It's probably time to replace the Sony

I guess anything is possible but I wouldn't think the burner would be bad at only two years old. This happened all of a sudden. I have gone to the sony site and looked for driver upgrades and patches but have seen none. Some photo cd's will open up perfectly and others will open a few picts. and quit. The Nero software came bundled with the dvd burner and it has not worked as it should with the sony burner. I get an error message every time I try to recode a DVD (some that I recorded from TV). I have never recieved a satisfactory solution to this problem. Maybe your right, but I thought sony was a better product than this. Before I send the DRU-800A to the bone yard, has anyone else had this problem and solved this great riddle?

Seax

Thanks, but that's not it.

I downloaded the program and as I clicked to run it from the desktop I got a message saying I had the latest version of the firmware. So I didn't install it. Thanks for the advise. Any more suggestions?
Seax

Check the Device Manager under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and make sure it is operating under DMA transfer mode instead of the slower PIO mode. If that isn't it, you can try the drive in another PC. If it behaves the same, then it's a bad drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back