Trying to get into Toshiba BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantom

Trying to boot into Toshiba laptop BIOS so i held the ESC key and it prompts me to then hit the FI key and then im at the Boot Screen for Safe mode or normal.
I'm trying to change the boot order so that i can boot to the windows xp cd since the laptop will only boot to windows and freeze. Can help would be appreciated.

Fantom

Laptops are tricky, you just never know. Until someone comes along who actually knows the answer....

I usually just go nuts on buttons. Eventually you'll find the right one.

Try the del button first. That's where I'm puttin' my money.

Some of the newer Toshiba laptops use the F1 key during bootup to acess the bios.

iif what you are trying to acheive is to reformat and reinstall windows does the toshiba have a floppy drive? if it does you can use a boot disk and then use command to run setup from the XP disk in the CD Rom.

toshiba

i only have a cd drive not a floppy..yes im trying to boot to the win xp cd to reformat the drive and reinstall win xp.

Trying to boot into Toshiba laptop BIOS so i held the ESC key and it prompts me to then hit the FI key and then im at the Boot Screen for Safe mode or normal.

Does it also have the option of booting to command prompt when you do the above?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back