Trying to recover "old" emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a laptop and currently use Outlook for email.
Some years ago I had a desktop setup that also used Outlook for email (It is possibly an older version of that being used now).
I now have the hard drive from that desktop attached to the laptop and use it for back up etc.
If possible, I would like to view some of my old emails that appear to be on the hard drive.
When I go to the external hard drive at H:/Anyone/Anyones Documents there is a folder Outlook of 152800KB.
I am unable to open as it says it is a PST folder etc.
The only info I could find on the Internet to assist in opening this folder requires that a product be purchased. I tried PST Walker, Mail Navigator etc, but all either limit the procedure or when you are nearly there, require a purchase. They also seemed aimed at recovery of accidentally deleted files or corrupted files, rather than just being a tool to open older Outlook emails..

Can anyone assist with a simple solution to assist me in being able to open and read these old emails, for free!! I have been overseas for two years and there is some important business contact info in those old emails that would help me a great deal.

It will not matter if I need to put the emails on the hard drive of the laptop and mix them with current emails etc (if that is possible) in order to resolve the situation.

Thanks

Bk4979

I don't know if this will help but gives some info "http://en.allexperts.com/q/Microsoft-Outlook-1541/PST-Compatibility.htm" under answer it says you should be able to migrate the old PST into the new. It explaines it better then I can. Good luck.

Because of the time involved, and the difficulties on some systems, suggest you try one of the low cost recovery tools at such sites as you will find with a gurgle search... and on majorgeeks.com and others...

Those files are sometimes hidden in subdirectories that are blanked out on a normal search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back