Turn off Desktop Case LEDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

husamn

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this

I have Desktop case that has many green lights on the front panel.

is there any way that I can turn it off while PC is on?

I mean like instead of shutting down windows and open case and remove the LED wires.

Is it possible to turn it off by program or something?

unplug the little wire that goes from the power switch or motherboard to the light sockets.

sorry maybe I wasn't clear..

I dont want to open the case to do that, I'd like to turn on/off, but with a program or anything else instead of opening.

like a light switch.

Hardware issue. The cases come from one manufacturer. The motherboard from another. And the build from a third technician or technical site.
I would be very surprised if you could find any that turn off from the motherboard, unless some of the gaming machines built in one factory do so.

It's not that hard, just find where the LED cable is and follow it to the end, then unplug it.

Make sure to have your computer turned off and the powersupply unplugged from the back so you don't have any possible way of shortening the system.

It's not that hard, just find where the LED cable is and follow it to the end, then unplug it.

Make sure to have your computer turned off and the powersupply unplugged from the back so you don't have any possible way of shortening the system.

read my post, not just the thread title.

Connect the led power wires to a fan controller, or buy a switch from the electronics store. It ain't gonna get done with software. It will have to be a hardware solution.

Ya, but do you really want one with a green LED light on it? LOL You can pick up a dual pole single throw switch at any electronics store for a couple bucks. The 3rd connector on that one is probably for juice for the LED. Don't worry about the voltage rating or anything. Even a 120V switch will work fine.

Yeah, there is no way to turn the LED off with software (that I know of), you'll have to disconnect it manually from inside the case.

Ya, but do you really want one with a green LED light on it? LOL You can pick up a dual pole single throw switch at any electronics store for a couple bucks. The 3rd connector on that one is probably for juice for the LED.

LOL I didn't say I'm going to buy this one.

Just want to know if it's LIKE this one.

BTW, the LED is connected to this power cable:

satapowerkg7.jpg

still not possible?

cause you can make it to turn off the hardisks after a while, using the same power cable.

This is what my case looks like:

frontjp1oo5.jpg

see the glowing light? it's connected to a cable like the one I posted above.

No biggie. Just mod yourself a switch in series with the 12V lead (yellow) connecting to your lights.

Might mean you'll get your hands dirty a little, but you'd be able to turn it on and off at any time you'd like.

Unfortunately, because its plugged in by molex, I doubt you can get any sort of software to turn it on or off. I sould have similar doubts even if your lights were connected straight to the motherboard. In either case, the solution would probably be similar.

I have a case with lights as well, and I decided to connect my lights into one of the ports on my multi-fan controller. I can now switch my light on and off as I please. I'd suggest choosing a fan controller with lights which you could control, since no point switching off one set of lights, and turning another set on (unless you want to). Mine comes with lights I can't control, but thank god when I switch off the lights, the LEDs switch off as well :D

p.s. make sure the fan controller of your choice has connections for your light (which uses a MOLEX connector). An easier alternative might be to buy a 3pin-molex converter, which would be supported by most fan controllers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back