TV out question for the old-schoolers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day, I have a geforce II MX/MX400 video card, which has a s-video output on it. My pc is an amd job (1.4GHz?? - I know, a few years old) and runs xp sp2.

I just downloaded and installed the latest drivers from the nvidia website and installed them with no problem.

I want to record a power point presentation to video by simply sending the video out signal to my VCR (which has an s-video input).

I've been scouring the web and found a couple of posts saying to 'select video out' (or something similar) in the display options.

The problem for me is that I don't even get the chance to select this option. There seems to be no acknowledgement by any aspect of the operating system that I have the capability to do any video-out-ing.

Anyone had this issue and know what to do about it?

Regards,

John

Some video cards require the receiving device to be conncted during the bootup.

The "TV" (VCR) should appear as just another monitor in Display Settings. You can use nVidia configuration options to clone your monitor's picture to the TV-Out.

BTW, the video cards of that era have a nice quirk - you can fry the vid card and/or the TV if you connect the S-Video cable while any of the devices is turned on.

Thankyou for the response Nodsu, very good info - I plugged my tv monitor into the video card on boot up (with my computer monitor unplugged) and I got a video feed!

Only problem is that the image rolls and is very jittery/unclear. My tv monitor is a professional style one which can detect pal, secam, ntsc, ntsc 4.43. It is saying that the video is ntsc.

Any ideas on this particular issue?

Regards,

Johnno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back