Ultimate motherboard (Abit AT7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Ultimate motherboard

All I have to say is WOW.....did I say WOW.....WOW WOW WOW. Here is a story from HardCore Ware. On the new Abit motherboard called the AT7 MAX.

What makes it so good......try 12, yes 12 IDE channels....read on gang.

Abit AT7 (KT333) Motherboard Review
Reviewed By: Carl Nelson [04.11.02]
Manufactured by: Abit
MSRP: $199

Never has the announcement of a motherboard created as much buzz around the PC hardware enthusiast community as the Abit "MAX" series of motherboards (something tells me they really wanted to call it "Matrix" instead). This line of boards, available on both Athlon and Pentium 4 platforms, is Abit's attempt at taking motherboards one step into the next generation, leaving things like legacy ports in its dust.

Full story and all the mouth watering details here

Hard Core Abit AT7 MAX

The only thing missing is dual CPU's and the kitchen sink !!

Man, that motherboard is loaded up with all kinds of goodies. I cant believe all the USB ports on it. That is very impressive, especially at its msrp of only 199.00.

Now they also mention that there will be both Athlon and P-4 models, which I think is great. Won't matter what side of the CPU fence your on, you can get all the great features.

Wow... I'm just at the beginning of the article and I can't believe they've begun the transition... In style that is! :D

One thing though, a LOT of accessories will have to be thrown out!

Just love their new BIOS menus... YUM!

Have you seen the price on that thing ? I'd rather have an ABIT board with KT333 without all that integrated stuff & add extra cards myself, it'll come out cheaper.

Originally posted by Didou
Have you seen the price on that thing ? I'd rather have an ABIT board with KT333 without all that integrated stuff & add extra cards myself, it'll come out cheaper.

I agree Didou. I would rather build the computer with plug-in cards than with everything built in. I adds to the fun of building a computer. :) Plus I think the support for the different cards would be better than if it were an all-in-one package. True you would have no compatability problems, but I still prefer it the way it is now. I do like the fact that they no longer have serial ports, and have gone to just USB and firewire. Plus, by plugging the cards in it allows for future upgrading without having to worry about the number of PCI slots you have left. Just my thoughts on this board, although all-in-all it is a great board!

On one side OEM won't use that card since it's way too expensive & it doesn't even have integrated VGA for that price ( such a board with the nForce 415-D would've been better ) & on the other side High End servers won't touch ABIT or VIA with a 10 foot pole. They're even more aiming for the enthousiasts with this card.

It's nice loosing some of the legacy ports, but the PS2 ones are still very usefull IMO. For example, certain boards can reset the BIOS by hitting the INSERT key on boot-up but it doesn't work with an USB keyboard. Nice going :rolleyes:

It'll prolly be 5 years before all the devices on that board can be used under Linux too.

Originally posted by Didou
On one side OEM won't use that card since it's way too expensive & it doesn't even have integrated VGA for that price ( such a board with the nForce 415-D would've been better ) & on the other side High End servers won't touch ABIT or VIA with a 10 foot pole. They're even more aiming for the enthousiasts with this card.

It's nice loosing some of the legacy ports, but the PS2 ones are still very usefull IMO. For example, certain boards can reset the BIOS by hitting the INSERT key on boot-up but it doesn't work with an USB keyboard. Nice going :rolleyes:

It'll prolly be 5 years before all the devices on that board can be used under Linux too.

Hmm, I didnt notice till now that it doesnt have any ps/2 ports. I know that when I have to reload my computer I need to install a PS/2 keyboard to get through the windows installation. After the windows install the USB keyboard will work fine.

Originally posted by svtcobra

Hmm, I didnt notice till now that it doesnt have any ps/2 ports. I know that when I have to reload my computer I need to install a PS/2 keyboard to get through the windows installation. After the windows install the USB keyboard will work fine.

Same here svtcobra. I really hope they fix this because my PS/2 port is not working very well, and I have to work hard to get it to respond to any keystrokes. Since I usually use an USB port anyway it doesn't bother me too much. Still it is a problem that should be attended to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back