Ultrawide or Traditional Monitor

cookiedude

Hi all

I'm sure there have been many a question asked about whether or not to go for an Ultrawide monitor over a traditional widescreen option, but my question is a little more specific. I have spent the last few days narrowing down my options for a home monitor to hook up to my laptop and I have decided on these two as front runners:

LG 29UB67-B - Approx £220
Dell P2719H - Approx £180

I won't bore you with how I narrowed it down to these 2, but my primary use would be for 3D modelling/animation and 2D graphic work, so I am swaying towards the LG for the extra screen space. Only real question is whether or not it will work with my laptop. I have a Sony VAIO S from 2012 (I know, I'm well overdue an upgrade!) with a GeForce 640M LE and HDMI output. I think the HDMI is 1.4, but I can't find anything that states that definitively.

This is where I'm hoping you guys can help me out; does anybody know if the LG will work fine with my laptop or would it be a risk going for an Ultrawide monitor?

I live in Hong Kong so options are somewhat limited, but if anybody has any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them (preferably with height adjustable stands though, due to desk space limitations).

Thanks in advance

Hi. Ultrawide monitor is very good for gaming and movies. For working tasks, it's better to have a traditional one.
Since you don't sure which HDMI version your laptop has, you'd better not risk. Dell 2719H is a very nice monitor. I am using it for work as well. I am doing interior design and the monitor is pretty good.

Just like Thomas mention please provide us with your Sony Vaio laptop model number so we can check.

Back