Uninstalling Device Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom26gr8kids

I have been having trouble with my monitor and have gotten several messages onmy computer screen saying that there is a problem with my display driver. I was going to uninstall and reinstall the driver, but my question is if I uninstall the driver to my monitor then won't the computer stop recognizing it? It would be impossible to reinstall the driver without a working monitor.

Secondly under the device manager when I click ont he monitor there is a place where I can uninstall the driver. I just want to double check that this is what I need to uninstall. I am not super computer savvy, but I think that the driver for the monitor is the same thing as the display driver.

Thanks

Monitors themselves don't need drivers to operate. Display or video drivers are needed for the computer to be able to send out video information from the motherboard or from an add-on video card... Do you see anything like Nvidia, GeForce or ATI in the device manager? If so, these are the video drivers you need to be concerned with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back