Unmountable boot volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a laptop (sony vaio) which crashed yday. I have been getting the message "unmountable boot volume" and I cannot even log into safe mode. Is there any way to fix this without losing data. The laptop doesnt come w an install CD since it is the OEM kinds and the online support person asked me to do a system restore (which would wipe away all data).

Then I went in and bought a rocketfish hard drive enclosure kit (2.5''). I removed the internal hard drive (IDE) and plugged it into the rockertfish and onto my desktop (compaq presario). I see a new drive (drive F:) but when I click it I cant seem to open anything at all ...even when I right click I see no functions at all. The hard drive enclosure kit comes with a USB cable w a dual head which serves for soem back up power. Any suggestions as to how to trouble shoot this.
thanks,

Update: I used the paragon software which this website recommends. Looks like its working. It is transferring files to my external hard drive. Few more hours to go for the transfer. Hope I did not speak too soon!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back