Upgraded pc, everything is running worse

Bendik

I have had a decent pc for about 3 years, so I decided to upgrade. I bought a new motherboard, I got a new graphics card and a new pc case. after I installed everything, it worked. But everything was running worse. I had completed Assassins creed black flag pre- upgrade on low/medium setting but now I can't even punch a dude without lagging and crashing the game. Incurgency lagged before and is still lagging. Pc specs below:

GPU: GeForce GTX 960
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 8.00GB RAM (7,95 GB usable)
Driver version: 368.81

I deleted the old drivers before I installed the new ones and I think I have everything properly connected. I would really appreciate it if someone would help :D

At 14, I would have been really challenged to do all you have done.

Probably the best thing is to get some software to test the system. It works, but not as well as you expect. I think there are projected FPS at Game Debate (http://www.game-debate.com/ ). You can describe your system and it will tell you what they expect your box would produce. You can turn on the FPS counter at Steam (http://www.howtogeek.com/209710/4-quick-ways-to-see-a-pc-game’s-fps-frames-per-second/).

It it proves that your system is underperforming, then we need to look for a cause. Too much heat will really slow a CPU even though it runs, it is throttled. How can we test that? I use Belarc Advisor, HWInfo64 and Speccy. Maybe some other readers will add their ideas about what to use.

So run some tests, watch the ranges for temperature and for voltages (which would help identify an electrical issue if it wanders from the ATX standards). Keep an eye on CPU frequencies too ('throttling').

Share what you find and we can give you ideas how to fix things.

At 14, I would have been really challenged to do all you have done.

Probably the best thing is to get some software to test the system. It works, but not as well as you expect. I think there are projected FPS at Game Debate (http://www.game-debate.com/ ). You can describe your system and it will tell you what they expect your box would produce. You can turn on the FPS counter at Steam (http://www.howtogeek.com/209710/4-quick-ways-to-see-a-pc-game’s-fps-frames-per-second/).

It it proves that your system is underperforming, then we need to look for a cause. Too much heat will really slow a CPU even though it runs, it is throttled. How can we test that? I use Belarc Advisor, HWInfo64 and Speccy. Maybe some other readers will add their ideas about what to use.

So run some tests, watch the ranges for temperature and for voltages (which would help identify an electrical issue if it wanders from the ATX standards). Keep an eye on CPU frequencies too ('throttling').

Share what you find and we can give you ideas how to fix things.

I Tested AC black flag with a software when it was very laggy, and I got these results :gpu problem bilde.gif

Thanks for your reply by the way :D

Can you run it windowed mode - so you can be in game and monitor system?
I'm not familiar with this software, but is the second to last element saying that Performance Capped by Utility?

Can you run it windowed mode - so you can be in game and monitor system?
I'm not familiar with this software, but is the second to last element saying that Performance Capped by Utility?

give me a minute.
I also used Belarc Advisor too see what it said, I don't know if this helps butef19dec5456c6b482f76ab51c13ad26a.png

Manual? I don't follow.
Motherboard came with manual - it gives instructions for proper assembly. Very important to follow carefully. If you didn't use it before, then you probably should rebuild. If lost, manufacturer provides digital from support at his site.

Motherboard came with manual - it gives instructions for proper assembly. Very important to follow carefully. If you didn't use it before, then you probably should rebuild. If lost, manufacturer provides digital from support at his site.

Oh yeah! I will find that, but I have to go now, I'll get back to you soon thank you so much !

I deleted the old drivers before I installed the new ones and I think I have everything properly connected. I would really appreciate it if someone would help :D
I would backup data and wipe the drive and reinstall Win 10 fresh. Might be some old registry settings slowing things down. And move the memory to the DIMM0 slots.

Last edited:
You can download system monitoring software like EVGA precision or MSI afterburner which will give you a on screen display of your cpu/gpu usage in realtime when playing games. Check which components are over/under stressed. I have no idea what your old system was so I cant tell you if your upgrade was worthwhile. If you have just upgraded a lot of hardware on to an existing copy of windows I would reinstall windows after backing up your previous files.

I will try backing up and reinstalling windows and I'll post an update once I've done it, thanks for all the help and advice guys

Back