Upgrading laptop hard drive. Is too much = bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am interested in upgrading my laptop's hard drive from 160GB to 240GB. My laptop is a HP dv8327us that has two 80GB hard drives. When I asked HP, they said that I cannot do this because my laptop cannot support anything over 160GB. Is this true (I'm praying that it is not)?

I'm having a hard time believing this because there are a lot of websites out there that show you how to upgrade your laptop's HD and don't really mention size restrictions.

I tried posting a link to my specs, but because I am a newb, I am not allowed to do so. My specs can be found on HP's site. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please Help!

If you want my personal opinion/experience its much easier to just get a small external. example here are a few nice small handy ones that are 240G alone that go for under $100! (cheaper then updating, will work just as swell for storage and its mobile on top of the laptop already being mobile!) and just move all the crud you don't use or isn't essential to the external (music/videos/games/pictures etc)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ortable hard drive&Ntk=all&name=240GB - 320GB

(I put velcro on the back of my LCD and put velcro on my hdd so that way it stays on my laptop at all time unless i want to take it off..works great!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back