Upgrading my motherboard.. Help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an "Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz", and my motherboard right now is ASUS P4GE-MX,i also use a 512mb DDR333 memory, an ATI RADEON 9550 extreme edition video card, and i got 3 IDE hard disks, 20+40+160gigs, and an LG DVD-R/W writer.. Im planning to upgrade to this motherboard

ASUS P5P800-VM

It says that it supports a Pentium 4 Processor, so does that mean that i could use my processor now on the "Asus P5P800-VM i865G" motherboard, soon i'll be upgrading to "Intel 805 (2.66Ghz) Dual Core LGA775" processor, so does that mean that i could use it too on this motherboard? How bout my IDE Disks and my ATI Radeon 9550, is it compatible with the "Asus P5P800-VM i865G", and my ram too? i really need answers.. i know techspot knows it all.. tnx..

Your old motherboard has socket 478 and the new one has socket 775 so your old processor will not fit the new one. Everything else will fit. The new mobo says it supports dual core so the Intel 805 (2.66Ghz) Dual Core LGA775 should work.

How about my hard disks? i got like 3 hard disks, will they fit on the new motherboard, my hard disks arent sata disks, its all IDE hard disks.. tnx..

different motherboards support different chipsets, sometimes RAM is compatible, sometimes not. read the manual. Your hard drives, floppy, and DVD roms should be transferrable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back