Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the deal.

i´m in the process of upgrading a couple of things in my computer, and could use another set of eyes.

ASUS Rampage II Extreme
Intel Core i7 930
XFX Radeon HD5870 XXX Edition
Antec Nine Hundred
Noctua NH-D14
Corsair Twin3X 3x2048MB DDR3
Corsair CMPSU-850HXEU

there are some things im uncertain of, like if the cooler will fit along with the RAM ive choosen, and if the motherboard will fit in the case, since its slightly bigger then most ATX boards. Im thinking about doing a little overclocking, not much tho.

The best advice I can give you concerning the RAM you have chosen is to go to Asus website, specifically the webpage for your motherboard, and check the Quality Vendor List (QVL) and see if your exact memory is on that list.

We have lost count here of people having RAM issues and come to discover they never purchased RAM per their ASUS motherboard's QVL. For example, "But the list mentions Corsair." Ah, but is it the exact Corsair as spelled out on that list.

I did check the QVL, i found the right RAM, but what i was not sure about is if the dominator RAM are usable with the noctua fan, or if i should go with XMS3.

You need to find the clearance of the heatsink fins from its base and compare that with the height of the RAM modules (only if the HSF covers any of your memory slots).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back