USB 3.0 doubt

combatantdrip

Hi,I have a CM elite 43(basic) which does not have any USB 3.0 slots but also I have gigabyte B75 D3H which I think has 2 USB 3.o slots ,so will I be able to use those USB 3.0 slots if I connect it to a USB 3.0 supported device?

Your computer case may not have USB 3.0 ports but that doesn't mean you can't purchase USB 3.0 devices. USB 3.0 devices will still work on USB 2.0 ports.

Your motherboard supports up to 4 USB 3.0 connections. Two on the rear I/O panel and two by internal USB 3.0 header. Your case may not have USB 3.0 ports but you still have options to add USB 3.0 ports to your case.
Up to 8 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers
Up to 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB headers)
If you purchase an internal hub, card reader, or any other internal USB 3.0 device, you can connect it to your motherboard using the header. Be careful when purchasing though as some devices are designed to use the rear I/O and not the internal header. However they also have adapters to adapt from one connection type to the other.

Sorry I dont understand,there are 2 blue USB ports at the back(which the salesman said was USB 3.0 slots),so if I connect a external hrd disk which is USB 3.0 supported in that blue port will I get speeds of USB 3.0?

Sorry I dont understand,there are 2 blue USB ports at the back(which the salesman said was USB 3.0 slots),so if I connect a external hrd disk which is USB 3.0 supported in that blue port will I get speeds of USB 3.0?
Yes that is correct.

I must have misunderstood your question. After mentioning the case, I was thinking the front panel was the question.

Yes,I also misunderstood after reading the review for elite 431
I connected the external hard disk and the copying speed was around 60-75 mb/s,so I guess I am getting USB 3.0 speeds

The big panel at the back of the case has nothing to do with the case - it's all motherboard.

If the case 'doesn't have USB3.0', this means that any USB connectors that came with the case are 2.0. These (usually located on front panel) connect to the motherboard inside the case.

Back