USB Audio Crash Help Neeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi-

When using a USB speakerphone (plug & play mVox MV100) with a VOIP program (e.g., Skype, MSN LIve, etc) I get a BSOD. After resetting My Computer settings not to reboot on BSOD, I read the BSOD it indicates that the problem seems to be caused by the usbaudio.sys.

Could replacing the speakerphone possible fix the problem? I went to the Device Manager and I tried to update drivers which I though made sense, but I'm not an IT person.

This is my first post and I apologize if I did not post the all of the necessary data. I can post the minidump if someone explains how.

Thanks for any helpful input!

MiniDump

Added one of the latest minidump files and have now put my computer spex in my user profile. Thanks.

sta001 said:
What was the hotfix for the usbaudio (MV100) problem? I am having the same problem. THX

Here ya go. Hope it helps:

Please take note of the following information:

1. Hotfixes are not regression tested. They should not be deployed in a production environment without prior testing.

2. The system receiving the hotfix should be fully backed up before installing the hotfix.

3. If the hotfix does not resolve your issue, and you would like assistance troubleshooting, we will need to determine what support you have available and set up a support case.

=======================================================

The hot fix for your issue has been packaged and placed on an HTTP site for you to download.

WARNING: This fix is not publicly available through the Microsoft website as it has not gone through full Microsoft regression testing. If you would like confirmation that this fix is designed to address your specific problem, or if you would like to confirm whether there are any special compatibility or installation issues associated with this fix, you are encouraged to speak to a Support Professional in Product Support Services.

KB Article Number(s): 835594

Language: English

Platform: i386

Location: (http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Windows XP/sp2/Fix81080/2600/free/168138_ENU_i386_zip.exe)

Password: ^467JnrHip

NOTE: Be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when navigating to this hot fix location!

Shea, or anyone else..

Could you please check the password? I can't get it to work with the password provided. I'm having the exact same problem with my MVOX MV100.

Thanks so much in advance!

MVOX Issues

jrmstr33-

Since I posted that hotfix last summer, the MVOX crashed again. I have given up on the device as a speakerphone and only use it now as a speaker when needed. It seemed to crash only when I tried to use it as a microphone.

GL

Thanks for the quick reply, Shea. I was able to get the hotfix from MS, and it wouldn't even install since I had SP2 already. What a bummer! I thought this device would be great, too! =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back