Usb Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reinstalling Windows XP SP2, I cannot find and access MP3 player or digital camera in "my computer" but they did appear in device manager. It did well when plugging in external harddisk on the same USB port. Please help.

Hi AlbertLionheart,

Yes, I have installed drivers for both devices. Attached with the screen shot,
Casio digital camera have been detected but it does not appear in "my computer".

Hi
I have to take your word for it as I don't speak whatever that is! I can see that there are USB devices without a problem and no external drive either. Is it possible that the memory card is not in place properly?
Also I would try and test the camera in another PC if you can.

Hi,

Finally, I can access to my digital camera through - Control Panel/Admin Tools/Computer Management/Disk Manager (see attached screen shot) and I assigned it as F:. But the problem is I have to dig into Disk Manager everytime. Any possible way or shortcut to move it back to "my computer"?

Interesting that it does not show up as a drive in windows explorer even though you have assigned a letter to it.
Check perhaps that your firewall isn't responsible by disabling it for a short while. You could try the same for the AV you are running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back