User identification by the website

Can you please write which "parameters" of the user's work in the Internet allow to identify the user by the website?

Explanation:
Under "parameters" I mean, for example (I only know a few but want to know everything):
> IP address;
> MAC address (each device it is unique);
> Profiles in social networks, other accounts (websites can see which accounts a user is logged in - am I right?)

By "identify" I mean the condition in which website with high probability can say that the user have already accessed the site before (e.g., different IP, but the MAC address is the same).

The typical means is to Set Cookie and then Get Cookie on subsequent access.
  1. the website will be a constant
  2. the users IP is not involved so it works anywhere
  3. the presence of the cookie says definitely, this user+browser has been here before
(3) is interesting as you get unique cookies for each unique browser the user invokes.

The MAC is related to the physical machine {pc, apple, ipad, iphone}, but if multiple browsers are invoked, then (3) will make it appear as there are multiple first times.

Profiles in social networks, other accounts (websites can see which accounts a user is logged in - am I right?)
Not necessarily -- there's also a difference between being logged-in vs having visited the site. Read up on Cookie processing.

Back