Users more satisfied with Samsung tablets than iPads, report claims

Scorpus

Staff member

Market research company J.D. Power conducted a study on tablet user satisfaction between the months of March and August this year, discovering that tablet owners are marginally more satisfied with Samsung's tablets than Apple's iPads.

On a 1000 point scale - which takes into account tablet performance, ease of use, design, features and price - Samsung scored 835 for customer satisfaction, beating Apple (which scored 833) and Amazon (which scored 826). The overall customer satisfaction with tablets across all brands was scored at 821.

J.D. Power also reports that Samsung was the only company to improve across all five aforementioned factors, especially when it comes to the price of their tablets, which saw a 25-point increase in satisfaction. However, the report notes that people are the most satisfied with the performance and ease of operation of iPads, which should come as no surprise.

Despite the majority of people buying their tablets in a physical store, people who used an online retailer were generally happier with their purchasing experience and the price of their device. Customers who reported a high satisfaction in the purchasing procedure were also significantly happier with the tablet itself.

If you happen to recommend certain tablets to family members and friends, it's worth noting that 50% of consumers rely on recommendations when making a purchasing decision, as well as brand reputation and the manufacturer's website.

Permalink to story.

While I'm a fan of Apple products and the iPad, I'm glad to see that the competition is keeping things interesting. This should push things forward and keep the companies on their toes.

I am interested to know if any of the Android tablets, including Samsung's, that have an SD card slot can use that extra storage to store and run apps from there. I've heard that you can only play music and movies from there.

While I'm a fan of Apple products and the iPad, I'm glad to see that the competition is keeping things interesting. This should push things forward and keep the companies on their toes.
I am interested to know if any of the Android tablets, including Samsung's, that have an SD card slot can use that extra storage to store and run apps from there. I've heard that you can only play music and movies from there.
You probably heard that from another Apple user. It's false (As are about 90% of accusations made against "Android" devices). Some have full size USB slots as well, do they only play music and movies from there too?

Knowing that Android took over 80% of the Q3 in 2013 gives me a warm feeling inside.*nerd*

An Apple fan? Wow, it takes a certain amount of courage to show up here and boldly announce it. It's a good thing you're just a guest... the members here don't take any prisoners.
To answer your question, it's false, Don't believe other Apple fans. Why do you think they Apple fans in the 1st place? It's not because of their intelligence. :)

I'm not an Apple user, but I am a fan of accuracy, and it should be mentioned that Apple only scored lower in this survey because of cost. Apple beat Samsung in every single category besides cost. That means Apple came out ahead in Usability, Features, Performance and Design. However, Apple's tablets cost so much that they only scored 2/5 in Cost, which when averaged out with the other categories, gave Samsung the higher average. They both scored 5/5 in Overall Satisfaction.

So who has the best tablet according to this survey? Apple
Who has the best tablet for your money? Samsung.

Another question I have is how on earth did Apple beat Samsung in Features? Clearly the iPad users who took this survey have never used an android device.

I would also guess there's a fair amount of bias for Apple users because there's a tendency to want to justify your purchase of something when you paid through the nose for it. Apple scored 2/5 on Cost, so Apple customers feel they're paying too much, so I doubt they're as willing to admit they're anything but completely satisfied.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57609795-37/samsung-edges-apple-in-j.d-power-tablet-survey/

As I've said before, I do like Apple some of Apples products but I will never buy one out of principle unless they charge a much more sane price (let's face it, no manufacturers prices are worth the product but Apples are sublime) and they change their attitude & certain policies.

I have a samsung tab I am satisfied with use but the price is still high for what they roll out. Price for quality I guess.

I have a samsung tab I am satisfied with use but the price is still high for what they roll out. Price for quality I guess.

Quality comes at a price and there's no doubt Apples quality is good but there's a fine line between a price premium & a ripoff.

I have both an iPad retina and a galaxy note 10.1 (2013). Love the features on the note. Wife loves the iPad thanks to the simple os.

My only gripe with the note is to find an extra OEM cable. I've looked on amazon and ebay and has been stuck staring a plethora of reviews that either say it's great or say it's fake. Can't even purchase an actual samsung cable at worst buy or in-store. Only place so far is dx.com.

Another question I have is how on earth did Apple beat Samsung in Features? Clearly the iPad users who took this survey have never used an android device.
The average user probably does not know about all of Android's features, it's a shame really.

I would also guess there's a fair amount of bias for Apple users because there's a tendency to want to justify your purchase of something when you paid through the nose for it.
This is true in some cases.

You probably heard that from another Apple user. It's false (As are about 90% of accusations made against "Android" devices). Some have full size USB slots as well, do they only play music and movies from there too?

Knowing that Android took over 80% of the Q3 in 2013 gives me a warm feeling inside.*nerd*

If you think hearsay with Apple fanatics is bad, consider Microsoft. Apple users hear the worst about Microsoft products, no matter how good the devices are. As a true techie, I couldn't help but get a Surface for the level of production value I need, and yet I constantly have classmates and peers ask me if it's true that the device is slow. Windows 8 is the fastest goddamn fully-featured OS there is, or ever has been. If they bothered to find out for themselves, they'd know this. People are tools.

Back