Using my video card input as my webcam

Dhakos

I don't have a webcam, but what I do have is a standard digital camera with a video out phono. I plug this into my video card, and using the video card software, I can see on-screen the video that I put in, be it my camera, or my video player etc.

The problem comes with the fact that no other application or software can use my video card, msn just has a black screen when I select the video card, Skype says "cannot start video renderer, please check you have a valid directx installation" I do, and other programs say things like "Unable to start device, please ensure other devices aren't using it" etc.

The only way I've been able to get around this, is to full screen my video card software showing the video and screen broadcast that window with skype.
I'd much rather a better solution to this because it not only means I have to use Skype all the time, but it means my 2nd monitor is unusable while doing this because its showing the video/being used as a screen broadcast.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get my video card to work with my programs?

Many Thanks

It's not really for webcam, its for easy broadcasting of my inputs, be it videos or consoles etc.

Back