Using the Windows 7's fax service

abbasi

Hello all,
I use Windows 7 ultimate on my computer. And know that it's possible to use this OS as fax device to send and recieve faxes. I have an ADSL modem which the telephone line is attached to it and a splitter (just as other ADSL modem used in homes) is attached to the line socket on the wall. The ADSL modem is attached to the back of my case by an ethernet cable (which has provided the Internet for me) but whatever I look at the back of my case I don't see a port for pluging a telephone line socket into it! I think I don't have that classic modem (which was used for dial-up) installed on my motherboard. Now, is there any way to use the fax service of Windows 7 this way?

The internet cable has the RJ45 connector while a telephone uses a much smaller RJ11. Unless you see both style connectors on the PC, then this is not an option - - but wait.

Many all-in-one printers have fax support and that will work.

Personally, I use an online fax from TrustFax.com for my laptop and that gives me access to faxes even when travelling :)

Thank you for your response. But may you please have more attention on the problem I tried to state?

I think I don't have that classic modem (which was used for dial-up) installed on my motherboard. Now, is there any way to use the fax service of Windows 7 this way?
Not to my understanding.

Back