Very Low Volume when playing dvd on Toshiba Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toshiba M45-S331 laptop. Anyone know how to increase the volume? I have every setting that I can find turned up all the way. Can barely hear it sometimes.

Not sure how quiet is very low volume you speak of but the speakers on laptops are pretty weak so with one I had and, the one of my dad's i used to use, if i was in a car, plane or it was a quiet part of film i could barely hear it. Try some headphones or speakers when you've got it on a desk and if its still quiet then you know its a settings problems. i know it doesn't fix it but it is the only way i could hear my laptop most of the time if there was more a little background noise.

Assuming you are using Windows XP, go to Start>Control Panel>Sound/Video and Audio Devices. Then click on Advanced, check your sliders and make sure the volume is turned up. Also check the volume on whatever DVD software you may be using.

What DVD player are you using? You'll want to enable change the dynamic range setting to provide better volume. It's probably set to Theater, so it's using the full dynamic range (Hence the overall lower sound).

Volume problem

I had the same problem on my Toshiba M40-JM8 laptop, and I fixed it by reading that most Toshiba laptops have a manual rotary volume control somewhere on the front or side of the machine. It's control is independent of the computers control that you manipulate through the Volume control. Try find this dial and increase the volume. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back