Very Very Strange Problem with Internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoWPrvteSrvrGM

Okay, I get on my Desktop and it boots good, the desktop and all the shortcuts are there, the .txt and.word doc.'s work same with Pics (jpg) and movies (AVI Mov Mp4 Divx) Even Messenger!!, they all work, but then i am looking around on my desktop when BAM! Is says:

Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add-on and needs to close.
The Following add-on was running when this problem occured:
Add-on name: rlcrvcc.dll
Company name:
Description: rlcrvcc.dll

Advanced... Continue

Then i hit continue and be on my way, It appears AGAIn! then i thit continue and it appears again! if i go AFK for about 15 minutes ill have 115++ of those error messages. This also happens instantly when i try to open Internet and then when i thit contine the Browser closes and the "normal" Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close sorry for the inconvenience...Tell MS about this problem yada yada yada. This has aslo blocked the using of My virus control, which i dont see as a threat because i cant go on the internet. So plz People at Techspot, HELP ME!!!

For now, use the Internet Explorer (no add-ons)" versions. It's here:

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)

Then replace rlcrvcc.dll. Just do a web search for it and save the new copy to c:\Windows\System32

Do what almcneil said. You can also try this if using new IE if the above post doesn't work.

Go Tools >> Internet options >> Advanced tab >> click on that button that says to reset IE to its factory defaults. I've had strange things happen in IE and this alleviates the problem most of the time.

almcneil said:
For now, use the Internet Explorer (no add-ons)" versions. It's here:

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)

Then replace rlcrvcc.dll. Just do a web search for it and save the new copy to c:\Windows\System32

Firstly i did the first step, and it still shuts down with the Inconvenience part and i searched for Rlcrvcc.dll on my laptop on google and no beans, i found squat

herr5407 said:
Do what almcneil said. You can also try this if using new IE if the above post doesn't work.

Go Tools >> Internet options >> Advanced tab >> click on that button that says to reset IE to its factory defaults. I've had strange things happen in IE and this alleviates the problem most of the time.

I cant access tools cus my Browser shuts down prematurely =( so unless i can get the Un-add-on versioon to work then ur ideas out sorry

Somewhere on your start button (maybe in accessories) there should be an "Internet Explorer (no-add ons)" shortcut.

If you can find that (Might only be for IE7), then you can run that and try the suggestions again.
-----

Edit:

Sorry I had a dumb moment for a second. Thats exactly what the post before says for you to do.

If the file cannot be identified as a legit program, boot into safe, search for the DLL (make sure look in hidden and system files is checked) and delete it. Try re-installaing IE. but remember, deleting DLLs is always not the best idea as this can result in an unstable/malfunctioning system. MAKE SURE if you do delete, that no other applications are dependant on its existance.

Lol But yeah its still not working and i cant Re-format cuz i have a DVD reinstallation Disc for my Desktop with no DVD drive, i aint got a a CD one, i dont even think they make them anymore.. is there a website where i can wipe my PC like a Reformat? lol

Kay ill do that Herr, Cuz i checked on the Microsoft Site and it hasd a list of thier approved/legit addons and rlcrvcc.dll wasnt there

Doesn't even sound like you need a reformat in the slighest bit.

You said it blocked your virus control, does the same message pop up with rlcrvcc.dll being the culprit?

Okay my Safe mode is just a black Screen with my Service Pack ID o the sop and the words SAFE MODE of the bottom, i cant do anything...

Wow. Even safe mode is failing. That sounds like it's a little more than just a malfunctioning IE add-on.

Boot into safe mode w/command prompt - type chkdsk /f = let that go

Try to find the DLL and view its properties to see if there is a company listed or any information for that matter to determine what the DLL is or where it's used. 0 results comes up in google for that filename which is strange.

Sorry for QUdruple Post lol but i got the Add-on Deleted and there was nothing dependant on it so ima re-install IE and ill tell you the outcome Herr

Ok. Let me know.

I have 41% battery power in my beasty work laptop so if I don't reply, I will when I get home

'but then i am looking around on my desktop when BAM! Is says:'

What does this mean? You hadn't even run IE but were just doing desktop stuff and the error occurred?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back