VIA chipsets and Nvidia drivers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be having problems with my USB ports and Nvidia drivers for my GF3. The only ones that are working well with my USB prots are the 27.42 Is this common on a VIA mobo under Win XP ?

Originally posted by Dracool
I seem to be having problems with my USB ports and Nvidia drivers for my GF3. The only ones that are working well with my USB prots are the 27.42 Is this common on a VIA mobo under Win XP ?
Funny you mention that, I'm not running those but I am running the 22.80s and I have noticed my USB add on card seems to have quit working. I have a GF2MX and a VIA chipset on my mobo.

There's a VIA compatibility mode with nVIDIA drivers now. You can enable it with a tweak program such as GTU. You can find it here Guru3D.

It's a very practical program. It can enable Anisotropic filtering for D3D for example.

There are problems between via and nvidia (read it in the faq's of Diablo II). There are patches on both servers. Check out the one of nvidia.

u do have the via 4 in 1 4.37 drivers right? if u don't then go here and get them :):)
download other patches as well such as the pci patch by george and the interleave enabler

Hi! Have you already installed the latest via 4in1 drivers. In my case, they were crucial for using the USB.

well... in my case they were vital to using my pc at all... for some reason the 4 in 1 that came with the soyo cd of my mobo didn't work

Yes I updated the 4in1 to 4.37 with the new USB filter fix and all seems well on the 27.42 drivers. I have yet to try a different versoin though. Any recommendations ?

As a matter of fact, if you own a GF3 I do not see the benefits of the 27.xx series over the 23.xx series either. Choose whatever works best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back