Video card adapter question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

I have a vid card with vivo. I want to be able to hook up my satellite to this and watch it and record it on my computer. The problem is I don't have a coax adapter. Where can I get one? Do I need a program to make this work?

Yes, you'll need a program to record tv-programs (or anything that you pipe into your card/computer)... It is often included when you buy such a card though.

As for the coax adapter, I'm afraid you've lost me. Are you trying to connect the computer directly to the satelite feed, or do you have a special decoder which doesn't support coax output?

From the coax feed that comes from the satellite. My vid card doesn't have a coax on it. I would need to have a special output input adapter to go from coax to s-video.

Oops, sorry. What type of input it takes depends on the card, I forgot about that.

Usually there are a couple of adapters with the card, so you should be able to hook up a regular antenna cable to the card. None of those came with the card?

If not, I suggest taking a trip to the nearest Radio Shack or similar and see what they have.. Sorry that I can not be of more help.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back