Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my PC -

Dell Dimension 8100
Pentium 4 1.3 ghz
256 mb ram
Sound Card came with the cpu

I just got a new Vid. Card yesterday - 3d Fuzion Geforce mx4000

When I watch any video or even scroll thru pictures to fast i get all this cracking noise. Is the video card emitting an electric charge thats the soudn cad is picking up?

Thats what I think....or could it be this computer of mine is five years old and i need a new one - the card isnt goin to work to its maximum performance because of that?

Thanks alot. I could live with this problem but now I cant even play Unreal. I cant even adjust the brightness meter in the game. Thats another problem but I dont care about it as much as the sound deal.

Thanks again.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card, sound card, chipset, etc.

Also, if you want, remove the video card, and check if the noise dissapears. My Radeon card makes an "electronic" noise, that dissapears when I remove the card.

I updated all drivers and the problem keeps going. I ran unreal and the sound seems to stop. I believe it's some setting I am missing.

Well, that is a difficult problem to diagnose. Maybe someone smarter than me will help. I really have no idea of what is going on there.

I would format the entire computer, that solves many problems, but you can lose your data, unless you can save it using a cd or a flash drive.

If you have some money around, I would suggest getting a new sound card, they`re not very expensive, and should have better quality than standard onboard audio.

I`m sorry :dead: :unch: puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back