Video Card is Whack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

The computer I bought recently came with a Sparkle 8600 GT and I had lots of problems wiht it. I already replaced the thing and I couldn't send it back, but I just want to know what the problem was. When the card came I installed all the drivers for it fine. But then after a random amount of time, the computer would lock up and display a crapload of random discolored pixels. I got different drivers, I had the same problem. I dropped it in a freinds computer, same problem. The card was physically working, as long as I didn't install the drivers it wouldn't crash. So I tried the onboard video Xpress 1300 and there was no crashing. I went to several different forums and asked for reasons but no one would reply to the threads. I eventually gave up and bought an 8600GTS and installed that. Does anybody have any idea what was going on? I even monitored the temperatures and it never really went over 40*C.:dead:

Think of it this way, the card is really not working (to the best part of) until the drivers are installed

Have you ever run a new Vid card before loading the drivers. It's pretty bad!

OK maybe not working to its full potential but the PC didn't crash. I should also mention that I've seen different brands of 8600GTs work right. My friend's pc has an 8600GT in it made by PNY and he got his to work on the first try. I had him try my Sparkle 8600GT out in his pc and he had all the same problems. :suspiciou

Sorry, I should have been clearer

Once the card was running at its full potential, that's when the card (and machine) crashed. Showing that the cards (probably oncard memory) hardware was faulty.

Also we can hypothesise all day with possibilities, the card was faulty. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back