Video card not detected by Device Manager

[FONT=verdana]Hello[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]I am using [/FONT][FONT=verdana]this [/FONT][FONT=verdana]system board with [/FONT][FONT=verdana]this AGP video card[/FONT][FONT=verdana] on Win XP service pack 3.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]I just formatted my computer this morning and the video card is not showing up in the Device Manager under My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware. I also installed the[/FONT][FONT=verdana] Catalyst drivers for Win XP[/FONT][FONT=verdana] but the installer did not appear to detect my graphics card.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]The odd thing is that I reformatted was successful at installing the Hotfix back in 2011 as well as one month ago (although I had to use an older version of the Hotfix in November).[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]How can I get the device manager or the Hotfix to detect my video card? I already tried specifying AGP for video in the BIOS.[/FONT]

If the video card or any other device is not "seen" in the device manager, this means that either the card is not configured or detected in the bios or the driver is not installed

Back