Video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimpmypc

Im upgradin to an agp vid card from an onboard should i uninstall the old card drivers the put the agp caRD IN THEN INSTALL THE NEW DRIVERS FOR THE NEW CARD. also do i have to disable anything for the onboard card in the bios? Thank you

I thINK u SUld pRolly DOwNloaD tEh dirvRs 4 tEH NEW caRD teHen BOoT intO tHE bioS N DisBLE ONBarD GFx if u CAN oR SET iT SO AGP haV prOrtY oVEr onBORED GfX tEHN INSTalL tEH neW cARD pyZKLy n ATACH mintOR! tHEN BOOT inTO SAfE ModE Nd INSTALL NEw DRivorS, TEHN REBOOT to NORMAL WINdowz u shudl be SeT!.!

Zenosincks, just because he did it doesn't mean you have to! Plus his weren't lIkE ThIs, his was likE THIS! His was much more readable.

Yes, you should go plug the card up, boot into bios, disable onboard, and if it is an option switch it to AGP, and boot. It should then start using the default VGA drivers for Windows, and you can install the new drivers from their.

i uninstalled the old drivers n put the new ones in n the card works but it shows 2 drivers. how do i change the setting in the bios what would it be under?

If your new VPU is working fine, you don't really have to alter anything. If you want to uninstall the integrated VPU's drivers, do it via the Device Manager (Start > Run > devmgmt.msc > Ok > Display Adapters > Right click the VPU > Uninstall).

the drivers r connected. im usin the new vid card drivers though. but is there anything in the bios to change?

Depends on what you mean by tweak. If you mean overclock some cards come with an overclocking tool built in. But theres plenty of tools that you can use specifically for Nvidia or ATI cards. You've got to be careful when you overclock though because overclocking too high can cause problems with the card and make it overheat too much or even die. Id look for a guide on overclocking and a tool for overclocking. But if your playing the games you usually play at a decent FPS and resolution id leave it as it as because you can risk hurting your card when you overclock it too much or too often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back