Video card temp monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCool

Well, I just recently brought down my cpu/case temps big time by rearranging my cords and cleaning out my case. Right now my temps are idleing about 20f lower overclocked to 3.6 than it was non overclocked at 3.0. So, now that I'm in my overclocking mood I want to look into overclocking my video card, however I can't seem to figure out how to monitor the temperature. I've done some research and it appears that my video card (Sapphire ATI Radeon X1300) does support temp monitoring. I have the everest program, which i read is supposed to be able to tell you gpu temps, but when I click on the GPU option under "display" I just get a blank screen. I also tried a program called ati tools that was supposed to work with my video card, but it told me my card wasn't compatible. I have also read that some manufacturers disable the temp monitoring and that you have to re-enable it, but I have not been able to find any information about how to do that.

So, can anyone help me figure this out? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks much,

Tim

Everest

TCool said:
Well, I just recently brought down my cpu/case temps big time by rearranging my cords and cleaning out my case. Right now my temps are idleing about 20f lower overclocked to 3.6 than it was non overclocked at 3.0. So, now that I'm in my overclocking mood I want to look into overclocking my video card, however I can't seem to figure out how to monitor the temperature. I've done some research and it appears that my video card (Sapphire ATI Radeon X1300) does support temp monitoring. I have the everest program, which i read is supposed to be able to tell you gpu temps, but when I click on the GPU option under "display" I just get a blank screen. I also tried a program called ati tools that was supposed to work with my video card, but it told me my card wasn't compatible. I have also read that some manufacturers disable the temp monitoring and that you have to re-enable it, but I have not been able to find any information about how to do that.

So, can anyone help me figure this out? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks much,

Tim
In Everest see if it says the temperature in "Computer -> Sensor". That's where it tells me it.

Thanks for the help, this time ATI tools seemed to work for me(must've downloaded a bad/old version b4), but still didn't get a temp reading. I guess my card doesn't support temp monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back