Video driver problem need help (blank Screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakaroto

I am pretty sure this is a video driver compatibility problem

I just build a new computer installed windows xp and all the basic drivers like network card and sound. Everything works fine. download the new nvidia driver and during installation where it needs to like reset the display settings it flashes the screen and it just blanks out nothing comes back on the computer is still running. reboot computer...shows window xp is loading then when it gets to the log in screen it blanks out. Computer seems to be running normally but the screen is blank and it says no video input. Reboot computer again in safe mode everything works fine uninstall the video driver and reboot the computer in normal mode everything works fine. tries to reinstall video driver again same thing happens. few days later i got my friend's video card and it's a ATI...and it does the same exact thing. has anyone encountered this problem before i don't know what drivers or problems is conflicting. Also installed SP1 for window xp and that didn't fix it either. Sorry if grammar is bad...just really frustrated right now.

Specs:

amd 3600xp 64bit
512 mb ram
Geforce 6200 turbo cache PCI-E
motherboard is a Asus a8s-x series

Anything else anyone needs to know that would help let me know please

i found this video card quite good and working fine...so u just try to unistall the previous video drivers if so any and then try installing the new drivers(if possible in the safe mode)...if again the screen blanks then just rollback the drivers to a previous version as u done before from the nvidia website...i suppose that there is a compatibility issue with the latest version of the drivers...hope this solves the problem..note first install xp with sp2..then try this...and by the way check ur monitor plugged in correctly..

I am having this same problem as we speak. I've gone through 2 ATI X1600 Pro's and a GeForce 7800 GSOC. I'm really getting nowherefast too.

Celeron 2.4
MSI 645 Ultra
1g DDR333 RAM
WD 40G
Seagate 40G
550Watt P/S

It seems as though as soon as windows decides to use the drivers, it puke:
then sits at a black screen and eventually reboots. I'll let you know if I can actually find anything out....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back