Video hangs after timeshifting in Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNGX1275

I tried this on a forum specific to Media Center and got 0 responses, so I'm going out on a limb here, but figured I'd ask.

What happens is I can watch Live TV just fine, if I pause the tv then resume it works fine, until I decide to fast foward or rewind. Once I hit play again (same thing happens with >>| ) the video locks and the audio goes on for about 1 second, then the audio stops, and the video goes back to playing. The fix is to hit Stop, and then select Resume. But that isn't very convienient, and its unacceptable.

On my search of the other forum (thegreenbutton.com) I came up with one guy that had a similar problem and the same "fix", and a suggestion was that Nero had taken over the video decoder. I have Nero, so I downloaded and installed the util to check the decoder status, and none were set to preferred. So I set it to InterVideo Video Decoder (ivimcevx.ax 7.0.27.130) which was compatable with MP10 and MCE. But the problem still exists.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Specs:
Windows Media Center Edition 2005
Core 2 Duo E6400
2 GB RAM
Hauppage PVR 150MCE
nVidia 7800GS

Figured it out. Turns out that even though the InterVideo Video Decoder (ivimcevx.ax 7.0.27.130) was checked compatable by the DECCHECK.EXE utility it was the source of the problems. I had a copy of PowerDVD lying around which installs the Cyberlink mpeg2 codec, once I chose that one the problem cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back