Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

I need help!
frown.gif

Okay so I hooked up all my parts last night to my ASUS Crosshair Formula V mobo and when I boot it will not show any video whatsoever. No beeps, no video no nothing.

I have a 560ti in there right now because I wanted to test it before my new 970 came in that I ordered yesterday, just wanted to see if the mobo was functional and all my other components were working.

Does anyone know why I would be getting no video? I was thinking maybe I need to reset the CMOS? Some people told me to check the BIOS but how do I do that if I have zero video on my screen?

Any help would be great as I am at wit's end with this stupid computer, it has not run right since I moved and it is extremely frustrating putting all this time and money into this thing with no results.

I used to have a Corsair Liquid CPU cooler but the pump died and I finally got fed up with Liquid Coolers and went with a Noctua heat sink instead. Going to do some more testing after work but was hoping to get some tips from you guys. I have 2 other 560ti's I can test to see if that card is just dead but it was like midnight and just decided to give up for the night last night.

Also, My motherboard doesn't have an on-board video port I don't believe, I see none at least =\

My PC was up and running with drivers loaded for this exact card before it went down, the computer has just been sitting there for months. I am using the same hard drive, only thing that has changed is the Noctua cpu cooler being in place of the now dead Corsair H80.

All the fans are running, the video card fan is running, the psu fan is running, so it seems like everything is getting power.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you need more info please let me know.

Let's do this one step at a time, first no part of any computer lasts for ever. U said u had 2 other video cards, first, see if either one of them will work. If that does not work, it could be the slot in the mother board, try an other X16 slot. but honestly to me it sounds like the mother board is not working if u have a speaker plugged into it and assuming the speaker is working because normally there would be beeps if the motherboard is not sending a video signal.

Last edited:
Back