Visiontek Radeon X1050 Line Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I just bought and installed a Visiontek Radeon X1050 AGP 8x video card. At first it appeared to work great. I have been having issues with it after a day or two.

It has these wierd looking dots/lines all over the screen. They appear to be only on my desktop background and on some parts of webpages. They are all different colors, but usually blue or yellow. Sometimes they are in a grid pattern.

I'm running:
AMD Athlon 3000+ Porcessor, 2.17 GHz
1.5 MB RAM

I tried reinstalling the driver, it helped right after installation, but went back to having issues after awhile.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be the issue?

Try installing the latest driver from here: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Be sure to uninstall the old graphics driver (through "Add and Remove Programs") before installing the new one. To keep things simple try downloading and installing the driver only instead of the full Catalyst Control Center version.

If that doesn't help, I would say your card is defective. If so, I would return it for exchange under warranty. If you bought it online, be sure to get an RMA number first (return merchandise authorization).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back