Vista and RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sellmesanity

I am wondering for those of you that had 1gb of ram and upgraded to 2gb, if it made a difference in Vista, and how much of a difference, along with what differences?

Thanks

If you can afford it, got with 2 gigs. Vista will run just fine on 1gig though. But it will run much better on 2.

lol how do you guys distinquish "just fine" and "much better" because I thought to us enthusiast "just fine"= "much better"

I am running vista ultimate edition and its going pretty good with my 1GB of RAM.

Alright, I will just wait for the prices to drop a little then i'm getting the ram. Hopefully everything will be super snappy. Thanks guys. Any more testimonials are welcome!

supersmashbrada said:
lol how do you guys distinquish "just fine" and "much better" because I thought to us enthusiast "just fine"= "much better"

Its the same thing that some people say about XP not being able to run smoothly on 256mb or less. Which is totally wrong. By "just fine" I mean that Vista will run just fine. But I think it does run better on 2 gigs, this is why I added a gig to my laptop 3 weeks after I bought it! I could have gotten by with a gig. But I wanted to see how much better 2 gigs were and I am glad that I did. All I am saying is that Vista will run smoothly on a gig and not like a 3 legged dog as some would say.

I guess my issue is that I dont think he posted this thread to "just get by" like a 3 legged dog in which he could do. I think he found "techspot" and not the "dell forums" for that reason, but I do entirely agree with you. cheers :)

Wel yeah you are right, all we were trying to say I guess is IF he is in doubt of whether to spend the dough on another gig, maybe he should see what he thinks of just having a gig first. Which by the way. I had 2 512 chips. So I had to buy 2 1 gig chips and they were around $120 each. He may have not even realize this at the moment. That is assuming IF he asking this about a laptop he has or is planning to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back