Vista x64 BSODs in a variety of flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

For a while now I've been having bsods, and I never really knew what to do. It started on vistax64 (spanning multiple installations on multiple harddrives) after I upgraded my memory and my proc.

I ran a memory test (using vista's built in memory tester) for around 18 hours with 8 passes, and there were no errors, so I don't believe it could be a faulty stick. Admittedly I tested all the memory at the same time.

Around 5+ months ago I also ran memtest for 12+ hours and there were no errors reported.

Then just today (on win 7 for the first time ever) I received a pop-up from an nvidia process (I think at least) that said that my psu didn't have enough power to run my gfx card. This only happened once and when I rebooted the warning didn't show again. I'm definitely not gonna throw that off the table though.

I tried to read my minidumps, but honestly I have no idea what I'm looking at. I think some of them point to antivirus, but I read that antivirii can appear to be at fault without actually faulting.

Unfortunately my dumps are too large to even individually upload to this forum, so I zipped them up and uploaded them to acrobat.com:

EDIT: Not able to post links until post #5 -_-. I'll create multiple zip files and attach them here.

Thanks a ton for the help! :)

Mike

Comp:
CPU INTEL|C2Q Q6600 2.40G 775 8M R
8x 2gb GSkills ddr2 F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ R
nvidia 8800gtx (currently 78 degrees [gpu diode] and 73 degrees [gpu mem] AT IDLE)
^^note of the above: when gaming (in left-4-dead for example) I constantly get graphic errors (starbursts mainly)
asus p5b deluxe wifi ap
x-fi sound card (but crashes also happened when uninstalled and using onboard card)

Perform a bios update. Reset the motherboards bios to the default level. Replace the memory or run with one module and see if the system stabilizes

Hey thanks for the reply. My bios have been updated, and my timings are set at the recommended level for the ram. I have previously run one stick/time, and it didn't change the performance.

Rolled back to win 7 7100 and I've gotten two bluescreens thus far. I still can't get the symbols for some reason. Even If I did I don't know how to troubleshoot really -_-.

I downloaded the win 7 symbol package from the ms site, but I have no idea how to point to the symbols from the debugger.

Anyways I've attached the two new minidumps.

Thanks a ton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back