Voodooo 3 2000 card

Status
Not open for further replies.

swker98

well today i was looking at some stuff i got from an old computer (about 7 years old), and i happioned to stumble over what appirers to be a vodooo 3 2000 pci card made my 3DFX

i google picure surched it and it comes up identical to my card exeprt the ramsyncs

now my question
whtcih will be better, my intergrated graphics of 4mb fire gl
or the voodooo 3

Its an emachine 500i
the system is like also 7 years old and has
Some old Florada brand board
500mhz cele
165mb ram
ingreated Grafx
3.5 gb hdd
now if this card is better where can i get drivers for such an old card

thanks for your time :grinthumb

Definately the Voodoo 3 dude :grinthumb (should be a lot faster and has more onboard ram, plus unlike onboard video it deosn't share your system ram) .. although this is still a very old card by today's standards but you obviously already know this :wave:

I remember my first computer, I had two Voodoo 2s hooked together to play Quake 2! I was supposed to get a $40 rebate from 3DFX but, well you know the story...I thought I was sooo high tech then haha. I should have hung onto those cards, ah nostalgia. Funny but to this day I still play Q2! It's a classic.

nice, i installed the card, woorks good but does get VERY hot, i didnt have any time to test games on it because i dont have a spaer monitor so i have to disconnexct my brothers :grinthumb and he gets mad when i do that :hotbounce

thanks for the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back