Wanna put copies of OS on Transcend USB stick for booting

terry5880

Hi all I got win7, win xp, win vista and xp pro all as rars im looking to put them on my usb stick to boot on laptop and pc that not got disk drive can someone please help on how to do this .. am I right in saying I need to un rar to get iso then copy iso to stick or am I far off the mark .. thanks in advance

That depends if the ISO is actually contained within the RAR archives. The methods for putting them on a USB stick vary depending on the OS to be used.

You'll find most USB sticks far too small in capacity to run the later OSes though, and given the fact they need drivers for specific hardware as part of the install process on each individual machine its unlikely you'll get them to work reliably, if at all.

so how do people do it then bud .. I got 16gb transend usb no disc needed with it . then I got multi win7 x86 x64 which is in rar part 1 to 5 I have extracted to my desktop and now on desktop I got the win 7 iso icon is set as deamon tools cant remember y I done that lol . but does all that sound ok ?

Having re-read your first post, I'm now beginning to wonder if what your really asking for is help on how to setup a USB thumb drive to use instead of a DVD disc to install Windows, due to not having the optical drives installed. In which case, here will be ideal for Windows 7, although older OS' are more complicated: http://arstechnica.com/business/2009/12/the-usb-flash-drive/

Note that the above process will wipe the entire USB stick, so make sure you have any important data backed up to another computer first.

Its also pretty obvious your intending on using pirated software. But in the interests of friendliness I'm happy for this thread to remain open on the condition you don't discuss or ask for advice on how to circumvent the activation of it.

The ISO you have is basically a digital "image" of the real DVD media. Traditionally speaking you can mount ISO files using additional software, or use DVD burning applications to burn the ISO to a blank DVD.

thanks for your help and no mate I do have as they say illegal copies but its not for that I have bought legit copies of windows xp vista and window 7 as just got new job training to to install but some of the laptops/pc,s dont have drives . so now understanding I would need to buy like 4 or 5 usb sticks of 4gb then install each 1 individually ..

You'd need at least 8GB to use them to install Windows Vista or 7. Although you could get away with 1GB versions for Windows XP though.

Back