Want to launch a live streaming interactive multi-cam cooking lesson

Need info on live streaming multi-cam set up for video conferencing

Hello computer experts!:) I hope i am posting this in the right forum.

I am interested in starting an online live interactive cooking lesson series. I want to stream the lessons for 15 - 20 people using a video conferencing program (goto meeting, VeaMea...not sure which one yet) through our laptop.

I want to have two or three cameras running through my laptop that i can toggle through. One would be a wide shot of me and the kitchen. Another would be a close up of the cutting board to demonstrate cutting techniques and/or one camera mounted above the stove for when i am cooking. I want to be able to change cameras with a click of the mouse during the lesson and then be able to change back.

Can I hook up 2 or 3 cameras to my laptop (Intel core i3-380m with 6 gig ddr3) and accomplish what i want to do. I am currently looking at high quality HD webcams, but not sure if this route will be enough for the main camera. It may need to use a lipstick or bullet style camera.

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated. If this is not the best forum and you know a better one, please advise. Thanks,
Willy

Bandwidth, bandwidth, bandwidth... You need to have a STRONG internet connection with plenty of upstream bandwidth. 2 or 3 HD cameras to stream this live I'd say you want a minimum of 10-12Mb/s upstream. As for the service, perhaps uStream, or Citrix gotomeeting... I found these comments on a similar subject on another forum: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/117/858171 might be some material to help get you going in the right direction. Hope this helps!

Back