Water Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyd117

Hey everyone, Im about 80% sure im going with water cooling for my new pc im building. Since I've never used water cooling I was hoping to hear some suggestions on water systems that get the job done for a reasonable price. I plan to run my qaud-core I orderd a few days ago on the ASUS P5N-E 650i, and plan to overclock it. Should I cool my graphics and ram as well with liquid? Going to be runing 8800gts 640mb and not completely possitive if im going with OCZ Flex XLC 6400 for ram.

any suggestions for a system and water blocks?
thanks in advance

I dont know much about wc. As I'm about to get my first system as well, looking at the h20 120 TEC from swiftec, but its a TEC cooler as well as wc.

Yea I saw that, looked to be quiet impressive. Although acn you expand from it only being able to cool the cpu? Also would using a tec and water system together use a lot of power? Does it even support intel sockets?

yes it supports intel sockets and you can also add a water block to a video card. That TEC system does use quite good amount of power too.

First, if you're new to WC, I'd suggest you stick with plain old WC. No point adding more stuff you're unfamilliar with in your first attempt.

WC comes with its own set of troubles, and a powerful TEC like the one from swiftech will just compound all your troubles. Its meant to be low maintenance, but so is a computer, and we know how "low-maintenance" a computer really is.

What I really suggest if you want to have a good watercooling system, and don't want all the hassle that comes with it, the Swiftech Apex Ultra+ is a good kit. Actually, its the best kit out there imo, and only a select few waterblocks from other companies would do better. And not much better at that.

Don't bother with any of the Thermaltake/Corsair/Gigabyte waterblocks/kits. A good aircooler would outperform most of them, or perform very close to it. Really not worth your time and money.

If you're now interested in Swiftech's WC kit, be prepared to get a really huge power supply to power it. It comes with a 225W peltier, which means if you were going to get a 750W power supply earlier, you've got to start shopping for a 1000W power supply now (technically, 970W).

You'll also have to worry a little about condensation on top of pipe leakage. Both can be avoided with proper installation techniques, but they can still happen nonetheless. And the damage from either is not as disastrous as most people would believe (ffs, its only 12V running through your system, not 12,000V. But still, POSSIBLE permanent damage, not CONFIRMED)

Well, I was really aiming that advice to boyd117. You have already messed around with TECs AND watercooling (your kit IS a watercooling kit, albeit one thats sealed).

Bear in mind that you might need a new PSU, but knowing you, you probably already have the biggest PSUs out there already....

lols. I'm currently using a silverstone 1000 watt. Had to get ready for my new overclock that's gonna come with the sli g80 and TEC watercooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back