Web pages and other windows bouncing??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACURAtech

Whenever I open a web page or any explorer window for that matter, the system starts to scroll the page up and down rapidly. NO page sits still, also in games, random key commands will be executed. It is very annoying and I don't want XP back. I have never encountered a problem like this in the past. Unbelievable trying to write this story while the page is jumping randomly.

What are your computers specs? What kind of video are you running? Monitor? Sound? What operating system are you using?

Dell Dimension 8400
Pentium 4 HT 3.4
2 gb PC4200 ram
ATI Radeon x1300 Pro graphics
Creative SB Live! sound
Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit
Dell 17" LCD Monitor at 75 Hz

Another thing that has been happening since the install of Vista is my sound card is causing intermittent blue screens on startup. Apparently Creative never came out with Vista drivers for the SB live! series cards and doesn't intend to. I am using the driver from the orginal SB Live! disk.

I'm sure this is an issue between Vista and your creative sound card. If you can't find Vista drivers for it... Replace the card with something that has Vista support.

"It is very annoying and I don't want XP back..."

What?... were you ashamed to mention you had installed Vista? Did you really expect not to have problems with Vista?

Have you checked for spyware? I know Spybot Search & Destroy and AVG Anti-Spyware are ported to Vista now. Try them.

As for your sound card, I find it hard to believe that Creative won't have a device driver for Vista. The only situation that might happen is if it's an obsolete sound card. Might have to upgrad your sound card to get around this.

I have used numerous malware scan software, I have trend micro installed as well as Spysweeper and Ad-Aware Pro, none of which have found any large threat on my system. I even formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Vista, didn't fix the problem.

Okay I hate to ask the stupid question, but a couple of my laptops have done this, Have you checked to make sure the mouse/keyboard is clean?

ACURAtech said:
I have used numerous malware scan software, I have trend micro installed as well as Spysweeper and Ad-Aware Pro, none of which have found any large threat on my system. I even formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Vista, didn't fix the problem.

This eliminates spyware/virus. Now, from reading your posts you said you didn't "want XP back". Does this mean you upgraded from XP to Vista? If so, you might want to check your device drivers for compatibility. Also, did you buy a complete Vista installation or an upgrade package?

I did not upgrade, I performed a fresh install of Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I have seen posts of people looking for Sound Blaster live! drivers that are compatible with Vista. None exist that I am aware of, I'm going to try uninstalling my sound driver all together and see what happens. Just strange to think a sound card driver can cause all this fuss.

Well I just uninstalled my sound card. No audio device installed at all. My mouse and keyboard still seem like they have minds of their own. This is not good.

You're going to have to check with the Dell web site for your driver compatitibilies for Vista. http://support.dell.com It will ask you for your Service Tag but remember, the information will be for what your ordered, i.e. Windows XP. You'll then have to check if the drivers are forward compatible for Vista.

Well, for anyone else who has this problem. Throw your mouse away. 60dollar logitech mouse shorted out. More specifically, the wheel mechanism shorted. Have never seen anything like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back