Website downloader? Tried to install WinWSD

enderlicious

I'm on XP. Looking for something that I can point to a website and have it follow local links and grab files.

WinWSD looked pretty good. Grabbed something from Cnet... and it launched a Cnet installer. Hmm. Gave me 5 custom screens, and wouldn't let me see screens 2 and 3... then told me it was installing WinWSD and two other things had empty gray bars... not too thrilled with that, so canceled. Is that what Cnet is doing now-a-days?

Anyways, went online, found a top-rated google 'official' site. Said, cool, download... and it names it's installer after my browser? Uhhh... weird. Then when I go to run it, it tries to tell me that it's same company and file as my browser.... Okay, I'm done.

So, what software can do what I want that doesn't have installers that give me the willies?

It gives me the willies that you are attempting to grab the content of some site.
Saving a particular page is directly supported by most browsers, but the owner of all sites
have access to the hosting service FTP for up/down loading content.

It gives me the willies that you are attempting to grab the content of some site.
Saving a particular page is directly supported by most browsers, but the owner of all sites
have access to the hosting service FTP for up/down loading content.

I am with jobeard here. You better watch out. You may get more then you are bargaining for.

These are basically just scripts that follow public links, and automate the downloading. There are a bunch of them out there, I was just hoping for a recommendation of one that doesn't come bundled with crapware.

Shoot, I could probably write one, if I needed to - but I'd prefer to just download one.

Back