Weird problem in NFs porsche Unleashead

Status
Not open for further replies.

techjohn

I recently downloaded a demo of NFS: Porsche Unleashed. The menu was all fuzzy, and during gameplay, there was just orange on the screen, and you could make out an orange treeline, Sounds worked fine, but everything is orange and the menu screen is fuzzy. I have a Matrox Productiva G100 AGP, a 333mhz Celeron and 256 mb RAM

Probably your graphics card doesn't support fog tables correctly. GeForces had this same problem, enabling "fog table emulation" helped usually. Another thing that comes to my mind is the lack of video memory. How much does G100 have?

I'm betting the maximum texture size for a video card like that is too small for the menus... This is why they look "fuzzy".

I would recommend getting a new video card. At the very least, the latest drivers MIGHT fix this, but I'm guessing there probably isn't a whole lot of "new" drivers to pick from.

you are right , there isn't any "new" driver to pick from ,and the internal video memory is 8 mb. I'm thinking it's something to do with NFS wanting SVGA and , my card having VGA. I can't convert into SVGA, not even in BIOS. Where do i enable fog table emulation?

If i could buy a new graphics card, i woudn't even have posted this thread:)

You might want to try getting a video card tweaker, like Powerstrip to enable fog table emulation.

I'm not sure to really do it otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back