Welcome Screen is missing "W"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello forum.

I have an issue with the Windows Welcome screen. It is missing the "W". I have attached a jpeg of the screen. Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• Welcome Screen.jpg
    Welcome Screen.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 23
it looks like the big circle, that i haven't seen in standard welcome screen, is overwriting your w on the welcome screen. somebody customized the welcome screen with that circle.

you can copy the welcome screen from your original xp cd and put it on your hard drive in the right folder. if you want to change the welcome screen, you can visit this site

alidabiri said:
it looks like the big circle, that i haven't seen in standard welcome screen, is overwriting your w on the welcome screen. somebody customized the welcome screen with that circle.

That big circle is on the standard Welcome Screen, but is more evident in this screenshot provided because it is saved using only 256 colours by the look of it.

Does this problem still happen when you Log Off or Switch Users, or just when you start Windows?

Have you noticed any other Windows logos etc missing?

Possibly a video card problem (get latest drivers) or font problem maybe? I'd say repairing Windows would help, but unless there are other problems, it wouldn't really be worth it in my opinion.

Matt_2006 - That big circle is on the standard Welcome Screen, but is more evident in this screenshot provided because it is saved using only 256 colours by the look of it.

The user checked and his colour quality is set at highest.

Does this problem still happen when you Log Off or Switch Users, or just when you start Windows?

All the time

Have you noticed any other Windows logos etc missing?

No

Possibly a video card problem (get latest drivers) or font problem maybe? I'd say repairing Windows would help, but unless there are other problems, it wouldn't really be worth it in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back