Westworld season three returns on March 15

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: HBO dropped its latest trailer on YouTube over the weekend. While the clip doesn’t show any live action as earlier offerings have, it does provide what may be a potential plot outline… or maybe it’s all just an elaborate “advertisement” for Westworld and this is just one of many scenarios that guests can choose from. With Westworld, it’s hard to say either way.

The third season of HBO’s Westworld will premiere on March 15, 2020, a new trailer reveals.

Season one of Westworld premiered in late 2016 to rave reviews. The highly anticipated second season, however, missed the mark badly and was criticized for being… well, a disjointed mess. There’s high hope for season three as it appears to depict life outside the park and brings in some heavy hitters including Aaron Paul of Breaking Bad fame.

Unlike Netflix, HBO has mostly adhered to the old guard way of releasing new episodes of a show – appointment TV, more or less. This means that each new episode will be released at a set time each week and you’ll have to tune in or DVR it versus being able to binge the entire season in one sitting.

If season three can bring back some of the magic delivered by the first, however, it’ll be worth the hassle.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Well, Aaron Paul should make it good. Season 2 really jumped the shark and I can't tell if the 3rd season even has anything to do with how Season 2 ended. In any case, should be interesting to say the least. Hopefully, not so much time jumping around as Season 2 really went overboard with it. Season 1 handled it much better.

Really enjoyed this series. Season 2 was a little disjointed - especially the last 3 episodes. The producers were more cute with the flashbacks than was necessary, but I was able to follow the story line fine.

Producers have responded to the season 2 negative reviews and promised a more watchable season 3. Interesting to see Aaron Paul as part of the cast.

Looking forward to it...

Really enjoyed this series. Season 2 was a little disjointed - especially the last 3 episodes. The producers were more cute with the flashbacks than was necessary, but I was able to follow the story line fine.

Producers have responded to the season 2 negative reviews and promised a more watchable season 3. Interesting to see Aaron Paul as part of the cast.

Looking forward to it...

Jesse Pinkman in the future, yo!

I didn't mind Season 2. It clearly wasn't as good as Season 1 IMO, but I wouldn't count it as a letdown. The storyline itself was interesting, and lended a connection with S1, however their application could have admittedly been improved.

Does it look like Aaron Paul will make season 3 better, looking at this trailer alone? Greater alluding music they used doesn't help :( Should they welcome Linda Hamilton (ex-Sarah Connor) too, for example? :)

I like most of season 1 thanks to perfect shooting and costumes but I was barely able to start watching the 2nd, because at the end of the 1st I felt bored too much. S3 feels boring right from the trailer, but why?

There are stories that are deep because they earned it, and then there are stories that are faux-deep because the writers needlessly over-obfuscate.

I want them to be the former, but so far they've been the latter. I'll be holding off until I hear the series is enjoyable without doing a lot of extra homework to understand what they're putting on screen.

Finally we get a timeline of what lead up to the inception of the parks. The cheeky nods to current events is tiresome though. And said historical events don't seem based on anything that could actually happen. If Hong Kong had the potential to affect the world in such a profound way it would get much more action from China than it's gotten. China is embarrassed but hardly threatened. Trying to "predict" and/or manipulate the future via pop culture never works and just looks pretty (Trump stuff on Watchmen and mention in WW trailer) or sloppy writing to get screen grabs and short lived buzz in social media. I'm a fan of WW and even if it fell flat last season I'm gonna hang with it til the end.

Back