What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
So I recently decided it was time for me to try and build my first computer, I had a pretty low budget and well here are my specs:​

(old ripped from older computer was still working)Logisys ps550e12 Max output 550W
EVGA P55V motherboard
Intel I3-530 LGA 1156
nvidia geforce 7950 gt
4X ADATA DDR3 1600G 1GB
500gb Sata HDD
320gb Sata HDD

So I was working for 2 hours or so making sure I unpack carefully and put the cpu in as carefully as I could.

So I have everything in and ready to go press power BAM nothing, so I thought well maybe I forgot the F_panel because none of the LEDs were on. I look at it and its fine. So now I think my psu is fried or dead. I take apart the case and plug in the power supply, turn it on and 1 LED was on soooo wtf is wrong? btw the LED text under it is *5v_LED if that helps.

Please anyone if you could help on anything simple or advance please give me some pointers, I don't want to have to replace the psu but I will if I have too.

-acolthorp

Hi acolthorp,
first of all, if you plugged in the PSU without it being connected to the motherboard, it would not power on. the PSU needs a signal from the bios to start up.
the most obvious answer is to go over each connection meticulously to make sure you did not miss anything and that the clips are all seated completely. read the motherboard install directions to make sure you did not create an electrical short when you screwed the motherboard to the standoffs.

Right now I have only the 20/24 pin in and the 4 pin power cords to the motherboard, but at first I had everything in. Anyways I'm going to check the standoffs like you said I might have created a short. -Thanks

Aw swweet ok red1776 I think you just saved me some money. I loosen the standoffs and my cpu just started up! I'll keep you informed if something else comes up. -Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back