What card for Dual (Monitor/TV) Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

gguerra

What card for Dual (Monitor/TV) Multimedia PC

I am looking to setup a multimedia PC to play movies. I already have the PC which is a Intel Quad Core (Q6600) and Asus P5K-VM Mobo with integrated graphics and audio. The audio is already 5.1 ready (6 ports) although currently I only use it as stereo and I run the sound to a home receiver (also a 5.1)..It also has S/PDIF Out. I currently watch DVD's on my 22" inch monitor and hear sound through my stereo..

I am looking to add a TV.

Can anyone recommend a card to use so that I can use my monitor for PC tasks (Windows) and use the TV to watch DVD's (via PowerDVD). Would it be the same as a standard dual monitor setup? The TV has HDMI in as well as VGA input (No DVI on TV). My Monitor has of course VGA and DVI inputs.

I am using XP Pro and plan to someday upgrade to Win7 so naturally I would need to have drivers to to support the card in Win7.

I am not a gamer so I dont need anything for that. Only video playback.

Will I need 2 cards for dual or just one??

As for slots this is what the mobo has

1 PCI Express x16
1 PCI Express x4
2 PCI Slots

I do plan to upgrade to Blu Ray as well soon. I know the Win7 drivers will take a while to come out (i know Asus support is slow)

So I am looking for 720p/1080p output (DVI or HDMI??) as well as DVI or VGA out.

Then you'll have to run one PCI-E and one PCI card from the specs of your mobo. I'm not too sure though how it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back