What does your desktop look like?

Phantasm66

Come on! I still want to see those desktops!!

advsrv.jpg

Windows 2000 Advanced Server

muwahahaha....
one of 3DSForum's greatest thread ever has returned....

please await another of my BS post....

I'll post mine quite soon :).

On the old forum this topic 8 pages or so :).

ss1.

Interesting My Documents folder Tom...What's in the extigy and geforce4 folders? Demos? I noticed you don't have that hardware...

I can fit more than one pic into a post without replying to myself ;)

Here's all eight pages of the original: http://207.115.70.83/forum/read_msg.php?tid=398&forumid=ubb5&offset=0

Here's what my Windows 98 desktop looks like

dump.jpg

Here's my laptop's Windows 2000 desktop :)

screendump.jpg

As you can see, the menus are transparant.

Here's some of my other previous desktops, as taken from the Windows Custimization guide ( http://www.3dspotlight.com/tweaks/win9x_customization/index.shtml )

print.2.jpg

BlueSteel is an all-time favourite of mine. This perticular screendump is of Windows 98 with Litestep as the shell:

print.47.jpg

This is closest to what my desktop currently looks like, nice & clean:

print.45.jpg

My background is kind of a commemorative on still. I am not gonna post my actual desktop picture, but I will put the picture link that i have it set to.

Here ya go.
173897.jpg

Oh yeah I keep my desktop pretty clean. The only icon I have on it is the recycle bin. I keep all my shortcuts in my taskbar. It just looks better to me that way.

Originally posted by Vehementi
Interesting My Documents folder Tom...What's in the extigy and geforce4 folders? Demos? I noticed you don't have that hardware...
Folders for for guides/reviews I'm working on, for stuff I haven't got yet though its mostly just specs listed in them.

I previously asked if it were possible to resize images on the jawbreaker forum & the answer was no. Is it still not possible with vB Code ?

Bobes where did you get the caribean wallpaper on your laptop from, can you give me a link?

much appreciated.:cool:

I will email it if you want. You have chosen to hide your adress, so just email me & I will reply.

The pic was originally from a website belonging to one of 3DS' forum members. The topic was something like "know any high resolution wallpaper sites" in General Disscussion. I searched the old forum for it but got no results.

Hmm

Is it me or is almost everybody here running their desktop above 1024*768 ?

Poor me & my 17" screen :(

Need to save a few more months & get those 50 lbs of 19" screen lovin' on my desk :p

Re: Hmm

Originally posted by Didou

Need to save a few more months & get those 50 lbs of 19" screen lovin' on my desk :p

My 17"er supports 1940 x 1440, albeit at 60Hz. I usually work at 1600x1200, in which I can get a usable 85Hz. Although I know 21" monitors that only support 1280x1024. I think you just need a "good" monitor rather than a big one :p

But yes, large resolutions are nice :)

Re: Hmm

Originally posted by Didou

Guess its just you, the screen shots I posted were 1280x1024 on my 17" @75. Will go up to 1900x1440 but only @60 which makes it look real bad.
I agree with Bobes because my old 17" looked bad at anything above 1024x768, occationaly I'd bump it to 1152x864 or whatever that resolution is, but it didn't look as good as I'd have liked.

Back