• mini-ITX

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou3

Like the title asks, what form factor do you prefer? After voting in the poll, please post your reasons. Thanks.

I couldn't imagine putting anything smaller than an ATX board in my case, it would just look weird, however that ITX case by silverstone with the 5970 in it and i7 looks pretty sweet.

I don't game, so I don't need large graphics cards or PSUs.
I have 3 working Matx boxes and 1 ATX box at the moment.
1 stock Emachines T-5026, 2 Matx built by me, a G31 E2200 and a G43 HDMI / E6300 (the new Pentium Wolfdale). And last but not least, a P-45 ATX / E7300 / 9500GT built into an Antec 900.
All of the built by me machines are Gigabyte motherboards. (Accept no substitutes).

I wish there were more stylish Matx cases available. I have a Cooler Master "Centurion" and an Apex (the one with the carrying handle, if you've seen that).

I always feel that I've somehow failed my Antec 900, what with no RAID , no liquid cooling and no 9800GT card, but the blue fans are pretty, and it looks mean as h***.

Rather than "putting all my chickens in one basket" with one big expensive computer, I prefer to spread the tasks between them. You know, I think I'll play with this one today, that sort of thing.

I prefer atx boards,although i would like to see what a mini-itx board would look like in a HAF 932

Full tower. Need the extra space because both systems have components swapped out on a fairly regular basis (bar CPU in general) and my hands aren't too dainty!. Larger towers usually have better options for cable management-only downside is the space they take up and the higher cfm fans needed to move air through the increased volume of the chassis.

@BMfan
I recently got a 800D -this is a standard ATX board installed....

Nice chassis,was thinking about getting one(just couldn't justify the price),so i'm going to replace my HAF with a ATCS 840.

I mainly use my PC for gaming. So I vote ATX to fit in all my components. It would be difficult to house my OCZ Vendetta 2 on anything smaller.

@dividebyzero - I envy that setup you've got. :)

I use my pc for gaming / entertainment, and at times for work as well. My personal choice will be ATX as its much more convenient to swap stuff around in tower casings .....

I wish there were more stylish Matx cases available.
I do too, which is why I posted this poll. I'm wondering why demand is so lacking in the enthusiast market. Although there are only a few responses, I think it reflects most power users' desire for space.

I'm enthusiastic about my computer, but not a power user. My favorite is the Shuttle, but I currently have an mATX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back